UPDATED May 17, 2017.
In preparing for my presentation at AMSFest, I went back and looked at all M&A and investment activity that has been reported so far on theNIRD.org.
Keeping in mind that what’s reported here is only what I’ve learned about (it’s likely there are more investments that haven’t been reported here), here’s what I’ve got since April 2016:
- April 2016: Fonteva took $2M in crowdfunded venture capital growth funding
- July 2016: Advanced Solutions International (iMIS) took $26M in private equity growth funding
- September 2016: MemberSuite accepted $11M in venture capital growth funding
- September 2016: Higher Logic accepted $55M in private equity growth funding
- January 2017: Higher Logic acquired Socious. The size of the deal was not disclosed, but it was rumored to be in the $15-25M range.
- February 2017: YourMembership was acquired by Ministry Brands. It is rumored that the sales price for YourMembership was around $230M.
- February 2017: Higher Logic acquired Kavi. The size of the deal was not disclosed, but it was rumored to be in the $10-20M range.
- February 2017: MemberClicks accepted a round of private equity growth funding. The investment was rumored to be between $15-20M.
- April 2017: Abila was acquired by Community Brands. The deal was rumored to be around $290M.
- April 2017: Aptify was acquired by Community Brands. The deal was rumored to be approximately $30-40M.
- April 2017: Blue Sky eLearn accepted an investment from Freeman Digital Ventures. Terms were not disclosed.
- April 2017: NimbleUser was acquired by Community Brands. The deal was estimated to be in the $15-25M range.
For those keeping score at home, that’s 12 deals for a minimum of about $700M invested in association technology companies in the past year. And those are only the deals we know about.